[LITMUS^RT] New release?

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Tue Jan 24 23:32:18 CET 2012

On Jan 24, 2012, at 10:27 PM, Jonathan Herman <hermanjl at cs.unc.edu> wrote:

> Couple questions. First, in a new release, would I be doing the official transition or would you Bjorn?

I'd welcome it if you do it. ;-)

> Second, is this the list of changes needed:
> 1. Update text on web page

Including the installation instructions in the wiki.

> 2. Create patch and put on web page
> 3. Add ft_tools, liblitmus, and shasums
> 4. Update change list

Steps 1 and 4 can be done by anyone with a wiki account, so you could recruit some help...

> 5. Point master at the new version

The official git repo has two branches, master and staging. Staging is the v3.0 branch, which would then become master. Once you've tagged it, I'll pull the the changes to the official repo. (If you send me a public ssh key, I can also give you direct access to the MPI repo.)

- Björn