[LITMUS^RT] RFC: kernel-style events for Litmus^RT

Andrea Bastoni bastoni at cs.unc.edu
Mon Feb 13 20:28:09 CET 2012

On Feb 13, 2012 6:52 PM, "Björn Brandenburg" <bbb at mpi-sws.org> wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2012, at 10:17 PM, Andrea Bastoni wrote:
> > I've managed to expand and polish a bit a patch that I've had around
for a
> > while. It basically enables the same sched_trace_XXX() functions that we
> > currently use to trace scheduling events, but it does so using
kernel-style
> > events (/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/ etc.).
>
> Hi Andrea,
>
> this sounds pretty cool.  This in addition to the existing tracing
infrastructure and not supposed to replace it, right?

Right, it basically adds another tracing option that can be selected with
or without the sched_trace_XXX(), but that traces the same functions (e.g.,
sched_trace_switch_away(), etc.).

> The patch looks clean to me. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to play
with it right now...

I've done some testing, but please shout at me if it doesn't work properly
for you (whenever you get a chance to try it).

Thanks,
- Andrea