[LITMUS^RT] SRP -> PCP

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Wed Apr 25 20:30:00 CEST 2012

On Apr 25, 2012, at 8:21 PM, Glenn Elliott wrote:
> I'd like to have an implementation of PCP (uniprocessor, for use with P-EDF).  Since SRP and PCP are so similar, I thought that I might be able to make a few changes to the SRP implementation to get PCP.  Is this true?  Björn, you've implemented PCP once or twice, haven't you?

Yes. In fact, there's currently a port of the P-FP plugin with the PCP implementation to the main version in progress. It should be ready a few days.

> The reason why I want to use PCP instead of SRP is that resource-holding tasks in my system can self-suspend.  SRP doesn't support suspensions.

Why wouldn't the SRP support self-suspensions? Is our implementation buggy? I vaguely recall fixing a bug related to the SRP and self-suspensions years ago.

- Björn