[LITMUS^RT] Improving Latency

Mac Mollison mollison at cs.unc.edu
Wed Jun 6 19:19:45 CEST 2012

> He was curious how Litmus differed from PREEMPT_RT.  He seemed quite
> interested in our global/clustered- deadline schedulers, etc.
> However, the fact that we aren't based on PREEMPT_RT was
> disappointing to him (I had to remind him that we are only a research
> platform).

Just a reminder that my userspace scheduling library [1] supports C-EDF
atop PREEMPT_RT. Glenn, you might consider mentioning this option to
the person you met who works with audio systems.

Since this is a relatively new thing, he would probably run into major
problems with it. But it would be valuable for my research to find out
about any problems or limitations I'm not already aware of and see if
they can be addressed.

[1] http://cs.unc.edu/~mollison/pubs/rtcsa12.pdf

-Mac