[LITMUS^RT] running a task as its execution time

Youcef Amine Benabbas s9yobena at stud.uni-saarland.de
Thu Jun 14 21:40:44 CEST 2012

Hi Giovani,

On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 12:21 -0300, Giovani Gracioli wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> just recompiled the kernel with the modifications and the bug is
> fixed. Thank you Björn.
>

> I have two more questions. The current version of LITMUS is equivalent
> of which version in the paper "On the implementation of Global
> Real-Time schedulers"? I suppose it is, FE1, with fine-grained ready
> queue, event-driven scheduling, and 1 cpu handling interrupts, Am I
> right?
>

> I would like to measure also the overhead to send an IPI. Are the
> feather-trace SEND_RESCHED_START and SEND_RESCHED_END events used to
> measure IPI overhead?

Yes, they are equivalent. I am working on measuring this overhead plus
other overheads to implement overhead-aware schedulability tests.

By the way, I am trying to get a TS_SEND_RESCHED_(START/END) for
real-time tasks, i.e. timstamps with task_type==TSK_RT. Unfortunately I
could not get such timestamps.

I followed execution paths producing TS_SEND_RESCHED, but it seemed to
me impossible to get them.

I would appreciate your advice regarding measuring IPI latency for
real-time tasks.

Best regards,
Youcef