[LITMUS^RT] request for review: patches for arbitrary deadlines

Christopher Kenna cjk at cs.unc.edu
Wed Jul 18 00:46:45 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Glenn Elliott <gelliott at cs.unc.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback, everyone.
>
> Please see the revised patches attached.
>
> -Glenn

Thanks. I pushed them to
https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/liblitmus/commits/prop/arbit-deadline and
https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/litmus-rt/commits/prop/arbit-deadline

Did you try compiling? I got errors as soon as make hit a litmus file.
In particular, this. If this is some kind of a problem with my
particular configuration, let me know and I'll try and debug it.

    litmus/litmus.c: In function ‘litmus_admit_task’:
    litmus/litmus.c:330:4: error: implicit declaration of function
‘get_period’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
    litmus/litmus.c:330:4: warning: comparison of distinct pointer
types lacks a cast [enabled by default]
    cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

I am not as well versed as when the proper time to set
t->rt.time_slice is, so I cannot comment on that.

I like the clearer macros in litmus.h:48 or so. If only they were aligned :)