[LITMUS^RT] [NOOB] Cannot boot using "default" compiled kernel

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Thu Aug 9 15:58:42 CEST 2012

On Aug 9, 2012, at 3:34 PM, John Gamboa wrote:

> By "/path/to/litmus-rt.img" are you referring to the img file provided in https://wiki.litmus-rt.org/litmus/VirtualMachineImages? I was expecting to be able to use an "empty" file (I just created it using aqema and put an Ubuntu inside it -- just to be sure there was a well formatted file system inside).

Any VM image should work, as long as there's a bootable Linux inside.

Of course, you'll need to install liblitmus inside the VM to do anything useful. I typically compile outside of the VM and rsync the binaries into the VM. A more elegant solution is to use NSF; there are KVM+NSF setup instructions on the wiki.

- Björn