[LITMUS^RT] ARM compilation patches.

Christopher Kenna cjk at cs.unc.edu
Mon Oct 1 21:02:39 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Manohar Vanga <mvanga at mpi-sws.org> wrote:

> We recently got an ODROID-X board and I've been playing with it for a few days now. As for what I've done so far, I basically just used the hardkernel 3.6-rc6 tree to boot the ODROID-X into a debootstrap rootfs. I was now considering porting the Litmus code to the new kernel but it doesn't look very trivial (Björn informs me that the scheduler architecture has apparently changed quite a bit).

AFAIK, Andrea has done a bit of work porting LITMUS forward. He might
want to comment on this. Also, I was using one of the pre-built images
for the ODROID-X that you dd to an SD card. I'm not sure how to set up
Debian from scratch but I would be interested in an article that
describes it. I might want to do that one day when I'm under less time
pressure. I'm using this image currently:
http://www.mdrjr.net/odroid/mirror/ubuntu-3.6-rc5/odroidx_20120912-linaro-precise-ubuntu-desktop_with_HDMI.img.gz

> I suppose the 3.0 kernel with the ARM patches are in the arm-fixes branch? I'll give it a try and let you know my results!

Actually, no. I have been pushing the LITMUS fixes back to staging
without any other machine-specific ARM code because I don't want to
"pollute" the main repository and also because v3.6 kernels will be
able to run on these boards with little (or no?) modifications. I can
make the kernel that I am using available to you if you want it.