[LITMUS^RT] Question about the RT_F_XXX flags

Manohar Vanga mvanga at mpi-sws.org
Wed Oct 3 23:40:18 CEST 2012

Hey all,

>> We could just replace it with a single bit field in the rt_param struct.  There are already many "int myvar:1" fields in rt_param.
>
> Indeed. Patches welcome (after RTAS).

I am patching this up at the moment and I notice that another flag RT_F_EXIT_SEM exists to indicate that a task was suspended due to a semaphore being acquired. There are checks for this flag in sched_cedf.c and sched_gsn_edf.c however the flag itself if never set anywhere. Can I assume this is also an artifact from an older version and get rid of it? Or does it serve a purpose I am unable to see (with my grepping eyes :D)?

Thanks!
/manohar