[LITMUS^RT] Question about how to set task's release time in the base_task.c

Meng Xu xumengpanda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 23:18:16 CEST 2012

Hi Glenn,

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I used your feather trace  and
could record the release time and deadline of the job. But now I want to do
experiment that release all tasks at the same time. Because I want to
control the release time of each task, I think it's better to register the
release time in the base_task.c .

When I only do one experiment, that's fine, I can change the code in the
job.c and make it possible to release all task at the same time. But when I
want to do many experiments,  that's impossible to change the code in the
job.c each time. That's the reason why I think it's necessary to assign
release time in base_task.c.

Hi Giovani,

Yes, you are right. I can do it in the linux. In fact, we did that as you
said in linux. We register a timer for each task and release a job when the
timer expires. But in LITMUS, it forbids us to do that. So we have to use
the base_task.c as the task's implementation.

Meng