[LITMUS^RT] preparing a new release

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Sat Dec 1 15:05:07 CET 2012

On Nov 30, 2012, at 11:15 PM, Glenn Elliott <gelliott at cs.unc.edu> wrote:

> This is an issue has hit me before.  I think running ftcat as SCHED_FIFO is useful.  Is there any way we can fix this?

Yes. In the SCHED_FIFO timer code, add a check to not call set_tsk_need_resched() if the currently scheduled task is a SCHED_LITMUS task.

I'd like to merge a patch for this. Jonathan, Glenn, could you please push such a patch (or, alternatively, let me know where I need to look).

>  Perhaps we should silently ignore the resched event instead of BUG()'ing?

No, that would mask errors in LITMUS^RT plugins.

- Björn