[LITMUS^RT] New release: 2012.3

Felipe Cerqueira felipeqcerqueira at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 14:55:42 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

I was checking the dev boards with Manohar and we got some kernel
compilation errors in the iMx6 SABRELITE.
Could anyone try to reproduce this cross-compiling 2012.3 for ARM?

1) In sys_release_ts() sync.c,
when litmus_clock() is divided by ONE_MS, it causes undefined reference to
`__aeabi_uldivmod'.
It seems this function is called by the compiler to optimize a division
followed by a modulo.
I had a look at litmus_clock() but I didn't find the modulo operation.
Anyway, I had to change it to this to make it work:

        /* round up to next larger integral millisecond */
        //start_time = ((litmus_clock() / ONE_MS) + 1) * ONE_MS;
        start_time = litmus_clock();
        do_div(start_time,ONE_MS);
        start_time = (start_time + 1) * ONE_MS;

2) The use of cmpxchg in request_exit_np_atomic() makes a __bad_cmpxchg
show up.
__bad_cmpxchg is raised when you try to use cmpxchg with variables of
certain size.
Since it's not implemented in the kernel, we also get a undefined reference
error.

I added the second part of this patch, which implements the BUG() call in
arch/arm/kernel/traps.c:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg65114.html

If this is correct, I can attach the patches later.

Thanks,
Felipe