[LITMUS^RT] New release: 2012.3

Glenn Elliott gelliott at cs.unc.edu
Wed Jan 16 17:31:43 CET 2013

> (These bugs show that we need to improve our test coverage on ARM—apparently nobody tried building the kernel on ARM before the release.)
>
> - Björn

I agree, but there were extenuating circumstances.  Our head ARM developer at UNC was leaving the university.  Also, and probably the biggest issue going forward, testing on ARM is difficult since ARM kernels are so fragmented.  We have to port Litmus to each unique kernel devised for each of our ARM platforms.  At UNC, we have three.  From the sounds of it, MPI has a Freescale ARM.  So that's four different ARM kernels to test.  Do we need some sort of policy, or is the decision "do better next time" good enough?

-Glenn