[LITMUS^RT] New release: 2012.3

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Wed Jan 16 20:17:42 CET 2013

On Jan 16, 2013, at 6:58 PM, Glenn Elliott <gelliott at cs.unc.edu> wrote:

> Echoing Andrea, what is the motivation for 64-bit in Litmus for this case?

I think the proper patch for this issue is to switch to native 'unsigned long'  types. This will be 64 bits on x86 and 32 on ARM. There's no need to have a consistent binary interface across different architectures. All we need is for liblitmus and the kernel to agree on the layout.

Merging some IFDEF'd macros for this is not the best solution, I think.