[LITMUS^RT] Hit crash in C-EDF (configured as partitioned)

Jonathan Herman hermanjl at cs.unc.edu
Thu Feb 21 16:57:05 CET 2013

The race is caused by:
1. Userspace completion of task on CPU 1
2. Kernelspace requeue() of task on CPU 2
3. Kernelspace reschedule and job_completion of task on CPU 1

Shouldn't the other plugins be vulnerable to the same race condition? I
also encountered this in C-EDF (on a KVM, only with CONFIG_..._AFFINITY),
but I can see the same sequence of calls occurring under other plugins.

--
Jonathan Herman
Department of Computer Science at UNC Chapel Hill