[LITMUS^RT] CPU usage of real-time tasks

Jonathan Herman hermanjl at cs.unc.edu
Sun Mar 31 17:56:11 CEST 2013

Hi Youcef,

The best way to do this would be to use the sched_trace infrastructure. The
process of capturing this data while a task is running is described here:
https://wiki.litmus-rt.org/litmus/Tracing

You would have you write your own code to parse this data and output task
utilization. The unit-trace repository contains python code which you can
use as a guide:
http://cs.unc.edu/~mollison/unit-trace/

The file which parses the sched_trace data is
unit-trace/unit_trace/trace_reader.py. Sorry for not noticing your email
sooner.

--
Jonathan Herman
Department of Computer Science at UNC Chapel Hill