[LITMUS^RT] Fwd: [litmus-rt] Experiment scripts

Jonathan Herman hermanjl at cs.unc.edu
Fri Apr 12 23:26:39 CEST 2013

Running experiments in LITMUS was hard for me to figure out. I created a
repository of experiment scripts for my successors at UNC to make their
lives easier. These are based off the scripts used by Chris and I in our
paper submissions. I made them as user-friendly as possible, so that I will
get as few emails as possible. I've also integrated a few ideas from other
people at UNC, included instant messaging (Mac) when an experiment
completes, and emails (Glenn) when all experiments complete.

The scripts can be found here:
https://github.com/hermanjl/experiment-scripts

I think it would be cool if a repository like this was actively maintained.
Anyone want to take mine? Currently, it is very difficult for casual
readers to re-create the experiments presented in our papers. It's also too
hard to quickly test, debug, and evaluate changes to Litmus, so people just
don't do it.

P.S. Sorry for sending the other email twice.

--
Jonathan Herman
Department of Computer Science at UNC Chapel Hill