[LITMUS^RT] question about rtspin -- Sisu

Sisu Xi xisisu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 04:57:34 CEST 2013

Hi, litmus developers:

I am trying to understand the rtspin program and have some question about
it.

1) Seems it will read execution time from a file. Is this the execution
time for each individual job? Is there any sample file for this? How should
I format the file?

2) The budget enforcement, if configured as precise_enforcement, will force
job to yield when it exceed wcet.
However, if I configure it as no_enforcement, the wcet parameter won't be
used. cause the scheduling decision are made based on period/deadline, is
this correct?

3) Is it possible to run multiple rtspin task at the same time? I see it
records time using:

while (now + last_loop < start + exec_time) {
loop_start = now;
tmp += loop_once();
now = cputime();
last_loop = now - loop_start;

If multiple tasks are running, would't the time be incorrect?

Thanks very much!

Sisu

--
Sisu Xi, PhD Candidate