[LITMUS^RT] Error compiling litmus kernel

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Sat May 4 11:55:47 CEST 2013

On May 4, 2013, at 11:46 AM, Daniele Accattoli <d.acca87 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion, now I get this error from the linker:

Those are two unrelated issues.

>  CC      init/version.o
>  LD      init/built-in.o
>  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
> litmus/built-in.o: In function `__cmpxchg':
> /home/marvin2/litmus_git/litmus-rt/arch/arm/include/asm/system.h:422:
> undefined reference to `__bad_cmpxchg'

I haven't seen this before. Apparently there's a cmpxchg on a wrongly sized operand somewhere.  Can you track down which piece of code this is  triggered by?

> litmus/built-in.o: In function `sys_release_ts':
> /home/marvin2/litmus_git/litmus-rt/litmus/sync.c:147: undefined
> reference to `__aeabi_uldivmod'
> make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

This means litmus/sync.c is doing an integer division without using the proper macros. I'll look into it.

- Björn