[LITMUS^RT] (Nearly) full tickless operation in 3.10

Glenn Elliott gelliott at cs.unc.edu
Fri May 10 22:26:12 CEST 2013

Neat!  Seems like CONFIG_NO_HZ_FULL could be compatible with Release Master.  Although, the release master CPU would still have to be managed by a periodic tick.  I wonder if enabling CONFIG_NO_HZ_FULL makes the boot CPU run as CONFIG_NO_HZ_IDLE?  I suppose there's still a chance that we could force the boot CPU to run as CONFIG_NO_HZ_IDLE with Litmus patches.

-Glenn