[LITMUS^RT] about installation of LITMUS-RT

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Tue Jul 2 00:14:49 CEST 2013

Hi Tianyang,

I think Jeff and Glenn are onto the right problem: the line "unable to mount root fs" means you are either missing the correct file system module or the correct block device driver (or both). You might also be trying to boot a kernel that needs an initrd without an initrd (the initrd may contain essential drivers).

In short, this has nothing to do with LITMUS^RT, but rather with the underlying Linux configuration. As Glenn suggested, try compiling and booting an unmodified Linux kernel first, and then proceed from there.

Cheers,
Björn