[LITMUS^RT] call for testing 3.10

Glenn Elliott gelliott at cs.unc.edu
Thu Jul 18 16:18:53 CEST 2013

On Jul 18, 2013, at 2:49 AM, Björn Brandenburg <bbb at mpi-sws.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> the branch on top of 3.10 now runs fine in QEMU. I've given all plugins a cursory run, and they seem to work fine. (PFAIR still has the issue reported by Hiro, but this is unrelated to the kernel version).
>
> The kernel can be found here:
>
>    https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/litmus-rt/commits/rebased-3.10
>
> I've also patched liblitmus to compile with the new kernel version (a bunch of headers moved around…). Branch here:
>
>    https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/liblitmus/commits/port-3.10
>
> Now, I'd like to release this as the new LITMUS^RT version in the coming days, but it really needs some testing on real hardware. In particular, there's a good chance it's broken on ARM because the get_cycles() stuff changed in 3.10.
>
> Glenn, Hiro, Jeremy, Bryan, could you please give the new kernel a spin on UNC's hardware?
>
> Anyone else willing to pitch in, your efforts would be greatly appreciated.

I'll do what testing I can, but I don't believe that I can get to real hardware until I return to UNC in late August.  I'm not sure who that leaves at UNC until then.

General reminders: Don't forget about Jonathan's test tools!  I automates what used to take days.  Also, keep an eye on CPU utilization---we missed an interrupt storm bug on some Dell/Nehalem hardware once.

-Glenn