[LITMUS^RT] Outlier

Hiroyuki Chishiro chishiro at cs.unc.edu
Mon Aug 5 21:14:33 CEST 2013

Hi Björn,
I measured overheads in the recent developer version of LITMUS^RT, which I
got in github (linux-kernel version 3.0 and modified version of 2012.3).
However, I found an outlier though "statistical outlier filtering is no
longer required" in https://wiki.litmus-rt.org/litmus/Releases.
For example, when I measure SEND-RESCHED overhead using many task sets in
the G-EDF plugin, most of worst-case overheads are less than 2us but an
outlier is about 120us.
I think that this is an outlier.
Overhead data are collected by experiment-scripts in
https://github.com/brandenburg/experiment-scripts.

The specification of my machine is as follows.
- Corei7 920 2.66GHz (quad-core)
- 4GB Memory

Thanks in advance.
- Hiro