[LITMUS^RT] kernelshark

Glenn Elliott gelliott at cs.unc.edu
Mon Sep 16 23:39:39 CEST 2013

Jonathan helped me track down the issue.  It appears that not all of Jonathan's ftrace were pulled into mainline Litmus.  I think the container/server tracing was left out of the merge since containers/servers are not in mainline Litmus (https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/litmus-rt/commit/94edd278631ff219b4907322e620d9ffebceef4a).  Unfortunately, an important change to ftrace.h was also in in 94edd2.  Specifically, the bit of code that records a litmus_clock() timestamp to events.  This timestamp is necessary for visualization.

I've pushed a fix to "prop/litmus-clock-ftrace" on github.  The patch only modifies ftrace.h (container/server support is left out).  Björn, could you pull this into staging?

Thanks to Jonathan for being so responsive to my questions.

-Glenn