[LITMUS^RT] Is litmus PSN-EDF compatible with taskset? -- Sisu

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Thu Oct 17 09:32:56 CEST 2013

On Oct 16, 2013, at 9:50 PM, Sisu Xi <xisisu at gmail.com> wrote:

> just found out how to do that in base_task.
>
> fyi, if i try it with
> taskset 0x01 base_task ...
> it will quit.
>
> Thanks anyway.
>
> Sisu
>

> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Sisu Xi <xisisu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all:
>
> I am doing experiments on Litmus^RT, where we plan to use the partitioned EDF in it.
>
> Usually how do you pin the task to cores?
>
> I know in Linux we can use sched_setaffinity within the program, or we can use taskset utility to achieve that.
>
> Is Limtus^RT base_task compatible with both of them? Or do you have some litmus api for doing that?
>
> Thanks very much and looking forward to your reply!

Dear Sisu,

LITMUS^RT's PSN-EDF plugin will admit tasks  only if they are already pinned to the correct CPU. You should use Linux's standard methods for moving tasks to a specific processor before transitioning into real-time mode. liblitmus provides a bunch of convenience wrappers for this (have a look at migrate.h). For example, be_migrat_to_cpu(123) would migrate your task to processor 123 and pin it there.

If you run into any issues in your experiments, please let us know.

Best regards,