[LITMUS^RT] Fwd: LITMUS installation error in Virtual box

Glenn Elliott gelliott at cs.unc.edu
Wed Nov 6 22:06:16 CET 2013

On Nov 6, 2013, at 3:05 PM, Srivatsan Varadarajan <srivatsan3290 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Kindly help me in resolving this issue.
>
> Thanks
> Srivatsan Varadarajan

I think I remember a question to the mailing list about this problem on VirtualBox before, but I can’t find it in the archive.  In the kernel configuration LITMUS^RT > Performance Enhancements, deselect “Local Migration Affinity”.  I believe this will disable the offending code.  It’s not an ideal solution, but it may get you started in a virtualized environment.  Please be aware that you can use a virtual environment to test and debug Litmus, but real-time performance will be spotty due to inaccurate timers and reliance upon the scheduling of the virtual machine.  You could also try Litmus out in KVM/Qemu (we use KVM/Qemu all the time).

-Glenn