[LITMUS^RT] real-time benchmarks - WCET for Litmus-rt

Glenn Elliott gelliott at cs.unc.edu
Thu Nov 7 03:46:18 CET 2013

On Nov 6, 2013, at 9:38 PM, jhwzero <jhwzero at cnu.ac.kr> wrote:

> Hi
>            I am trying some experiments using revised cyclictest for Litmus-rt. But I would like to make more cpu utilization while its running in real-time manner. I am curious If somebody knows ported benchmarks which can control cpu utilization or measure worst case execution time(WCET) instead of cyclictest for Litmus-Rt??
>
> Sincelrely,
>
> Hyunwoo Joe

If you’re looking to put tightly controlled load on the system, you can take a look at liblitmus’s rtspin application.  You can set up a task that releases X milliseconds of work every Y milliseconds.  The task will run as a real-time task though, so it might not be a good way to create background load unless you’re using the fixed-priority scheduler.

-Glenn