[LITMUS^RT] Question about EDF in base_mt_task.c

Luo, Zheng luozheng at wustl.edu
Wed Dec 4 01:50:36 CET 2013

Hi all,

I have a question about he EDF in the base_mt_task.c

void* rt_thread(void *tcontext)

{

int do_exit;

struct thread_context *ctx = (struct thread_context *) tcontext;

struct rt_task param;

/* Set up task parameters */

init_rt_task_param(&param);

param.exec_cost = ms2ns(EXEC_COST);

param.period = ms2ns(PERIOD);

param.relative_deadline = ms2ns(RELATIVE_DEADLINE);

}

My computer have four cores and I created 5 thread with different deadlines, when I measure the time that when the thread finished, actually the thread which has the latest deadline are not finished last most of the time. I don't quite understand why it happened like this, does any one have any ideas? Or any suggestions that how I can use it? Thank you very much.

Zheng Luo