[LITMUS^RT] Question about how to specify dedicated cores to G-EDF and the relative deadline

Luo, Zheng luozheng at wustl.edu
Sat Dec 14 05:00:06 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

I have a question about how to choose dedicated group of cores on Litmus running G-EDF. For example, if my machine have 4 cores, I want to reserve core 0 for the Operating system, and core 1-3 to the rt-thread which can do the work. How can I do that? I tried the C-EDF, however used the L1,L2,L3 caches to do the division. I was wondering how can I do the division manually in the G-EDF?

Also, I have a question about the relative deadline, I think the normally the G-EDF should have the absolute deadline. Does the Litmus automatically convert relative deadline to the absolute deadline when using the G-EDF?

Thanks, Looking forward to the reply.

Zheng Luo