[LITMUS^RT] Question about the st_draw in the sched-trace-tools

Glenn Elliott gelliott at cs.unc.edu
Tue Dec 17 14:20:03 CET 2013

On Dec 17, 2013, at 2:24 AM, Luo, Zheng <luozheng at wustl.edu> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> When I use the sched-trace-tools, when I type ./st_draw, it says (EE) Can't find Asymptote. (Is the 'asy' utility in the PATH?)(I also attached the screenshot). I am confused why the st_draw not working?
>
> <Screenshot 2013-12-17 01:19:28.png>
> Screenshot 2013-12-17 01:19:28.png
>

> Zheng Luo

Hi Zheng,

Your system is likely missing the ‘asy’ binary.  If you’re on a Debian-based system, try “sudo apt-get install asymptote”.  You might find something similar on yum-based systems.  I’m not really sure how well st_draw works—I don’t believe that it is actively maintained any more.  I suggest you look at rt-kernelshark for visualizing traces: https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/rt-kernelshark

-Glenn