[LITMUS^RT] - rtspin and shared resource

Sebastiano Catellani zebganzo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 12:30:05 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm working at a P-FP scheduler that allows resource sharing across
different cpus.

As first baseline I adopted DPCP but I'm not able to run a task set that
shares a resource.

I'm using hermanjl's experiment-scripts and my sched.py file looks like the
one below:

-p 1 -z 1 -q 3 -X DPCP -L 1 -Q 1 3 20
-p 2 -z 1 -q 3 -X DPCP -L 1 -Q 1 3 20

Two tasks, on different cpus, try to access the same resource.

This is the error I get when I execute the run_exps.py script

Non-zero return 1: /var/nfs/liblitmus/rtspin -w -p 2 -z 1 -q 3 -X DPCP -L 3
-Q 1 3 20 15

In the exec-err.txt file I found this message:

litmus_open_lock: Invalid argument
Error: Could not open lock.

If I'm not mistaken, both tasks are trying to instantiate a resource with
the same ID instead of the usual behavior, i.e. the first task creates the
resource and the second one only retrieves a reference to it.

I probably doing something wrong, is anyone willing to give me any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Sebastiano Catellani