[LITMUS^RT] Can not register DEMO Scheduler Plugin in LITMUS^RT

Mac Mollison mollison at cs.unc.edu
Fri Jan 3 08:43:03 CET 2014

On Fri, 3 Jan 2014 04:54:45 +0100
Sanjib Das <cnt.sanjib at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Dear Concern,
>
> Thank you for your reply. Finally I am able to sort out the problem.
> It was a problem with my grub configuration. It was not loading the
> right kernel package.
>

> Now I am advancing with the DEMO plug in tutorial.
> I have another question. Do I have to compile the whole kernel
> package each time I make any change in the demo plug in code.
> I am asking this question cause it takes a huge time to make bzImage
> and install it each time.
> So any suggestion to reduce the whole plug in implementation will be
> helpful more than I can say.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Sanjib

To add to what Glenn just sent out... once you do your first compile,
re-compiling should not take so long, because only what has actually
changed needs to be recompiled.

That is the whole point of having a build system (e.g. "make").

Be sure you are using "make" properly. For example, don't clean all the
object files before you re-compile; that will force everything to be
recompiled and will waste a lot of time.

- Mac