[LITMUS^RT] Can not register DEMO Scheduler Plugin in LITMUS^RT

Sanjib Das cnt.sanjib at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 9 04:03:49 CET 2014

Dear Concern,
This time I am trying to boot QEMU image provided in LITMUS-RT wiki with
the following code:
qemu-system-x86_64 -gdb tcp::1234 -s -S -enable-kvm -cpu host -smp 2 -m 512
-kernel /home/sdas/litmus/litmus-rt/arch/x86_64/boot/bzImage -hda
/home/sdas/ubuntu_iso/ubuntu.backing.qcow2.img -append
"console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/sda8" -nographic -net nic

where the kernel image was compiled by following the instruction given in
plug-in tutorial
https://wiki.litmus-rt.org/litmus/CreateAPluginTutorial/Step0 .

And I am using also gdb to control qemu stub. (eg. target remot
localhost:1234 and continue)

But still I am getting '*kernel panic not syncing vfs unable to mount root
fs on unknown-block (0,0)*'.

Moreover only qemu image is loading smoothly with the following command:

qemu-system-x86_64 -gdb tcp::1234 -hda
/home/sdas/ubuntu_iso/ubuntu.backing.qcow2.img -nographic

My current system is UBUNTU 12.04 and its a multi boot system.

Would be grate with a quick reply or suggestion.

Thanks in advance

Sanjib