[LITMUS^RT] cli/sti and nonpreemptive sections

Glenn Elliott gelliott at cs.unc.edu
Thu Jan 16 18:30:19 CET 2014

Hello All,

I have a middleware layer of code that utilizes user-space spinlocks.  I’ve run into a problem exposed by running on a partitioned system.  Namely, the spinlock holder is descheduled while holding the lock.  I can use cli/sti to disable/enable interrupts.  Is this sufficient to prevent the task from being descheduled?  I know that I can use Litmus’s non-preemptive sections, but I’d prefer to keep Litmus dependencies out of the middleware if at all possible.

Thanks,
Glenn