[LITMUS^RT] prop/sched-domains

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Mon May 5 17:15:50 CEST 2014

Hi Glenn,

with NR_CPUS=64, I'm seeing a problem with the new sched-domains code. Specifically:

> # cat /proc/litmus/domains/6
> 00000000,00000040

The kernel prints a separating comma for readability when printing "long" bitfields.

	https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/litmus-rt/blob/master/lib/bitmap.c#L375

The code in liblitmus does not expect this.

	https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/liblitmus/blob/master/src/migration.c#L48

Seems to me that either the userspace part needs to be expanded to accept the kernel's use of a separator, or the kernel needs to not use cpumask_scnprintf() to populate the /proc files.

	https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/litmus-rt/blob/master/litmus/litmus_proc.c#L444

If you get a chance, could you please have a look at this?