[LITMUS^RT] prop/sched-domains

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Mon May 5 17:37:38 CEST 2014

On 05 May 2014, at 17:19, Glenn Elliott <gelliott at cs.unc.edu> wrote:

> Rats. I knew that commas would be a problem, but I thought we’d be okay up to 64 CPUs on 64-bit systems.  I didn’t know that the commas started at 32.  (We can only test up to 24 CPUs at UNC.)

This actually happens even on systems with fewer physical CPUs if NR_CPUS=64. In any case, we can give you a testing account on a 64-core machine should you require one. (Though right now our machine is out of commission.)

> I’m happy to take a look,

Thanks!

> but are you pressed to get a fix before RTSS?

Nope, my RTSS-critical machine has only 8 physical cores. :-) I just noticed this by accident while trying to obtain a working config.