[LITMUS^RT] Task parameter changes during the execution of real-time task

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Mon May 12 00:07:46 CEST 2014

On 12 May 2014, at 00:03, Namhoon Kim <namhoonk at cs.unc.edu> wrote:

> I want to change a job's WCET for a specific job_no. I tried to call sporadic_task_ns after the task mode was changed to LITMUS_RT_TASK. But it does not work. Is it possible to change task parameters after the task is admitted to a LITMUS real-time task?

No. The parameters of already admitted tasks may not be changed.

Doing so falls under the domain of adaptive systems, which can require substantial reweighing logic (see Aaron Block’s thesis on this for details). LITMUS^RT currently does not implement such support. (However, the naive solution, which is to wait until the end of the current period, would not be that difficult to implement, if you want to add it yourself.)

Out of curiosity, may I ask why you need this feature?