[LITMUS^RT] question about rtspin -- Sisu

Sisu Xi xisisu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 08:08:27 CEST 2014

Dear Litmus developers:

Previously (about 1 year ago), when I run litmus^RT in a VM and test with
rtspin. the workload would actually scale according to the CPU resources
allocated to the VM.
For example, if set the cap of a VM to 50%, and run a rtspin with 50%
utilization, it becomes 25%.

But right now I updated litmus to the current version and that problem
seems gone. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? Just want to send
this email to confirm with you, does rtspin works fine in a virtualized
environment as well?

Also, Is it recommended to use rtspin for synthetic workload experiment?

Thanks very much!

Sisu

--

*Sisu Xi, PhD Candidate*