[LITMUS^RT] [starting LITMUS]

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Thu May 28 14:38:48 CEST 2015

> On 28 May 2015, at 14:28, Dhanny R <dhanker2626 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> sorry for my miss information, n sorry for my bad english language :D
>
> my problem are :
> where i in liblitmus : why i cant choose active plugins with setsched? the error message is
> Error: Cannot write to /proc/litmus/active_plugin. Do you have root privileges?
> Error: Setting new plugin failed.
> Are there any active real-time tasks?
> root@:~/liblitmus#
>
> coz i following step by step from : https://wiki.litmus-rt.org/litmus/UserspaceTools <https://wiki.litmus-rt.org/litmus/UserspaceTools>
>
> regards,
> Dhany
>

> On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 7:17 PM, Björn Brandenburg <bbb at mpi-sws.org <mailto:bbb at mpi-sws.org>> wrote:
>
>> On 28 May 2015, at 14:13, Dhanny R <dhanker2626 at gmail.com <mailto:dhanker2626 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> > after finish install rt-xen 2.0 with xen 4.5 include, i create 2 guest dom0 with ubuntu linux 3.10.41, for this time, they all okay..
>> > then i install LITMUS with the configuration preempt :
>>
>> Are you perhaps accidentally launching the wrong kernels?
>>
>> yeah, i think i'm in the right path, coz after create 2 guest OS in 2 vcpu (vm1 n vm2), i'm install LITMUS inside (vm1 n vm2),
>> in root vm1 n vm 2 : uname -a
>> Linux vm1 3.10.41 #2 SMP PREEMPT Sun May 17 23:52:27 WIB 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>
>> it's right?
>> so in my 2 vcpu (in root vm1 n vm2) i have done install LITMUS
>>
>> in root vm1 n vm2 (after done install LITMUS), i check /proc/litmus and ls :
>> root at vm1:/proc/litmus# ls
>> active_plugin  cpus  domains  plugins  stats
>
> Didn’t you say in your previous email that you are getting the message “no such file or directory”? Now it looks ok. So it should be working…
>
>> each vcpu (in root vm1 n vm2) after done install LITMUS, i instal liblitmus n ft_tools,
>> so in my 2 vcpu (in root vm1 n vm2) : ls
>> Desktop    litmus-rtxen
>> ft_tools  liblitmus
>>
>> it's right?
>>

>> could u tell me where is my wrong step n why i cant choose the active plugin?
>> veryn thanks for your help,
>
> Sorry, your emails are very hard to parse. Unless you provide more detailed and consistent information, I’m afraid I won’t be able to help much.

Ok, now that we’ve established that /proc/litmus actually exists, let’s try this again:

What’s the output of the following commands?

1) ls -lR /proc/litmus

2) cat /proc/litmus/plugins/loaded

3) echo PSN-EDF > /proc/litmus/active_plugin; cat /proc/litmus/active_plugin

If step 3 fails, are there any debug messages in the kernel log?

4) setsched Linux; setsched GSN-EDF; setsched Linux; setsched PSN-EDF

- Björn