[LITMUS^RT] rebasing on top of Linux 4.1

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Tue Jul 28 22:51:20 CEST 2015

> On 28 Jul 2015, at 19:38, Björn Brandenburg <bbb at mpi-sws.org> wrote:

>>> These should both be fixed now. At the moment, the next branch seems to be quite stable in Qemu. Please test with your setups.
>>
>> I’ve pushed a couple more fixes today. The liblitmus test suite has also seen a couple of improvements.
>
> Another bunch of patches. One of them fixes the preemption state machine, which in turn has uncovered a bug in the SRP implementation due to the Linux scheduler changes. The corresponding SRP tests are currently failing.

Last update for now: I’ve pushed a few more patches that fix the SRP test failure and another race in PFAIR that happened rarely if a task resumed just before the end of a quantum in which it exhausted its current budget. The current version passes all tests and seems to run ok in both Qemu and on my 4-core x86 test machine. Further testing is very welcome, of course.