[LITMUS^RT] (no subject)

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Wed Sep 2 20:28:59 CEST 2015

> On 02 Sep 2015, at 20:07, Namhoon Kim <namhoonk at cs.unc.edu> wrote:
>

> 1. C-EDF plugin is not loaded. I attached the boot messages (bootlog.txt) I can see C-EDF plugin when I run on kvm machines. But, I cannot see C-EDF in /proc/litmus/plugins/loaded and "Registering LITMUS^RT plugin C-EDF." message during boot process.

That’s expected. Have a look at the KConfig. In short, clustered scheduling doesn’t make much sense on the small core counts available on current ARM platforms, so the plugin was never enabled for ARM. In past, your cache topology detection code worked only on x86 anyway. Maybe it work now on ARM, too. You may try enabling the plugin, but at least it’s not a bug.

> 2. There is a deadlock in runtests item. It gets stuck in "** Testing: children of RT tasks are not automatically RT tasks... " step. Only PFAIR plugin passes this test. All other plugins stuck. I attached the log with GSN-EDF plugin. The child process returns with failure as expected, but the parent process keeps printing job completion message forever. I cut the repeated log due to the attachment size limit.

That’s unfortunate, but it sounds like it should be easy to diagnose as you’ve already identified the place where it breaks.

> I'm trying to fix these bugs, but I'm afraid I can't spend much time on this due to the paper deadline.

I’m afraid I have no cycles to spare at the moment. If UNC wants to use LITMUS^RT on ARM, it would be great if you could look into this yourself.

- Björn