[LITMUS^RT] Boot Parameter Option

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Tue Sep 8 07:07:28 CEST 2015

> On 08 Sep 2015, at 03:19, Geoffrey Tran <gtran at isi.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Okay thanks, I'll take a look.  I thought this was the case, but will go double check with the person
> I was working with before.  Otherwise, it is mentioned in the liblitmus documentation at:
> https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/liblitmus
>
> "* showsched
>  Print the name of the currently active scheduler. Schedulers are selected at
>  boot time with the "rtsched=<NAME>" kernel parameter."

Ah, good catch. This is ancient information (from 2007-05-27 according to git blame); thanks for pointing it out. LITMUS^RT used to require reboots to change schedulers, so the rtsched was the only way to activate schedulers. However, with the transition from 2007.3 to 2008.1, LITMUS^RT adopted the Linux scheduling class infrastructure and started to support policy switching at runtime; support for rtsched was dropped at this point. I had completely forgotten about it.