[LITMUS^RT] Compilation error when trying to build the kernel after applying LITMUS RT patch

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Tue Oct 6 09:56:22 CEST 2015

> On 06 Oct 2015, at 02:01, Mani, Kiran Kumar <KiranKumar.Mani at utdallas.edu> wrote:
>
> Also, if you take a close look at the attached file, the compilation of USB drivers failed because of a compilation error in the file include/linux/dynamic_debug.h
>
> Could you please take a look at it again?

I did. None of the functions and macros mentioned in the error log are LITMUS^RT code. The file isn’t LITMUS^RT code. I don’t know what’s going on in that driver, but it really doesn’t look like it’s related to LITMUS^RT. Perhaps there is some sort of macro clash via some indirectly included headers?

In any case, either try compiling your kernel without that driver (do you really need it?) or you’ll have to track down what is the root cause of the compilation failure. If it is indeed a clash with a LITMUS^RT definition, you can try to manually #undef it in the header where it causes problems.

- Björn