[LITMUS^RT] Adding Job Deadlines to Control Pages

Geoffrey Tran gtran at isi.edu
Wed Dec 9 02:58:58 CET 2015

Hello all,

I have been trying to add job deadlines to the control page, per the discussion at https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/liblitmus/pull/1 <https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/liblitmus/pull/1>.  However, I seem to be running into a few issues.

To summarize my changes:
- Added lt_t deadline field to control_page struct in rt_param.h
- In setup_release() in jobs.c, check for if task t has control page, then write to the field.

In my user space code, I try testing the following:
struct control_page* testCtrlPage = get_ctrl_page();
if(testCtrlPage!=NULL)
{
        printf("IRQ: %lu\tdeadline: %llu\tirq_syscall:%lu\n",
        	testCtrlPage->irq_count,
        	testCtrlPage->deadline,
        	testCtrlPage->ts_syscall_start);
}

The code compiles and executes, but the output for all three fields are always 0:
“…
IRQ: 0  deadline: 0     irq_syscall:0
IRQ: 0  deadline: 0     irq_syscall:0
…"

I’m not very familiar with this, so there might be something obvious that’s missing.  Any feedback is welcome!

Finally, if I wanted to compare to the time written to the control page, I should use the time from clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC), right? Just wanted to double check this.

Thanks,
Geoffrey