[LITMUS^RT] Adding Job Deadlines to Control Pages

Geoffrey Tran gtran at isi.edu
Thu Dec 10 22:43:27 CET 2015

Hi Meng and all,

> On Dec 10, 2015, at 12:23 PM, Meng Xu <xumengpanda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 2:53 PM, Geoffrey Tran <gtran at isi.edu <mailto:gtran at isi.edu>> wrote:
> Hi Bjorn,
>

> > On Dec 10, 2015, at 4:16 AM, Björn Brandenburg <bbb at mpi-sws.org <mailto:bbb at mpi-sws.org>> wrote:
> >
> > Are you running on ARM, x86, or Xen? I was testing on x86 (QEMU).
> >
> > - Björn
> >

> This is on x86 Xen.
>
> ​I guess you can try to test the LITMUS on bare metal and see if the interrupt is successfully received. If it still has the problem, then you can confirm it is the LITMUS issue. Otherwise, it may be the "IPI-like" issue you encountered and solved  before, I guess. :-)

Yes I plan to test on bare metal shortly.  I just tested in a VMware Fusion guest, and got the same result of 0.  This was using the patch version available at: http://www.litmus-rt.org/releases/2015.1/litmus-rt-2015.1.patch

Meng, do you have a litmus machine available to test the new rtspin to see if you get the same result?

Thanks,
Geoffrey