[LITMUS^RT] Question about Litmus-RT yields CPU when finished with a task

Yu-An(Victor) Chen chen116 at usc.edu
Sat May 28 23:36:17 CEST 2016

Hi,

My question is how does litmus-RT kernel give up CPUs when running a task?
Given a period and execution time of a task, will litmus-RT kernel yields
the CPU as soon as a task is finished? or will give up the CPU only when
the task's period is reached?

For example, lets say I have two tasks with same utilization but one has
longer period. And I run this two tasks on separate machine with same
duration. Can I safely assume that the task with shorter period will have
the litmus-RT yielding CPUs more frequently?

Please let me know if there is any reference or paper I can read on
regarding litmus-RT yielding CPUs. Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Victor