[LITMUS^RT] The feature trace tool error

Pratyush Patel pratyushpatel.1995 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 13:40:37 CEST 2016

Hello,

Furthering what Björn mentioned, here are the options which select it
automatically:

--------------------

Symbol: RELOCATABLE [=y]
  │ Type  : boolean
  │ Prompt: Build a relocatable kernel
  │   Location:
  │ (1) -> Processor type and features
  │   Defined at arch/x86/Kconfig:1921
  │   Selected by: EFI_STUB [=n] && EFI [=n] && !X86_USE_3DNOW [=n]

You can quickly search this using '/' while running 'make menuconfig'.
Ubuntu's base configuration definitely makes things much more
complicated.... In my experience, it is better to start with a simpler
configuration such as by base Arch Linux, or simply use 'make
localmodconfig'.

Regards,
Pratyush