[LITMUS^RT] Implementation of limited-preemptive scheduling

Yuanbin Zhou hduffddybz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 10:24:01 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I am a postgraduate student from China.

Recently there is a great deal of papers[1,2,3] dealing with the analysis
and design of limited preemptive policy under fixed priority or earliest
deadline first scheduling algorithm on a uniprocessor platform. Most parts
of the theoretical problems have been solved in the real-time community
although there still exists some open problems like the preemption points
placement in a more general situation. I think it is reasonable to
implement it on the litmus_rt system although there exists simulator for
this kind of algorithm http://yaosim.sssup.it/.

Since yuanbin(me) and gaosheng in the CC list are newbies about litmus_rt
and there is no manual for developers as far as we know, it is hard for us
to estimate whether it is possible to implement this kind of algorithm. Can
anyone tell us especially to gaosheng who will write most parts of the code
how can we start?

Best wishes!
Yuanbin Zhou

[1].Baruah, S. (2005). The limited-preemption uniprocessor scheduling of
sporadic task systems. Proceedings - Euromicro Conference on Real-Time
Systems, 2005, 137–144. http://doi.org/10.1109/ECRTS.2005.32
[2].Bertogna, M., & Baruah, S. (2010). Limited preemption EDF scheduling of
sporadic task systems. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 6(4),
579–591. http://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2010.2049654
[3].Buttazzo, G. C., Bertogna, M., & Yao, G. (2013). Limited Preemptive
Scheduling for Real-Time Systems. A Survey. IEEE Transactions on Industrial
Informatics, 9(1), 3–15. http://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2012.2188805