[LITMUS^RT] DFLP migration

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Thu Aug 11 18:42:05 CEST 2016

> On 11 Aug 2016, at 18:12, 施俊杰 <shijunjie92 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  rtspin.c
> ​​
>  chunktest.sh
>> I have rewritten to make sure that I can simulate more than one critical section within one task. Also there is one bash file to show how I allocate the tasks. When I change the protocol to DFLP, the task doesn't migrate to different cpu when it come to the critical section. Thanks for your help!

> > On 11 Aug 2016, at 18:55, shijunjie92 <shijunjie92 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all:
> >
> > I am trying to simulate the migration operation using DFLP_SEM included in P-FP. I have rewritten the 'chunk_lock_od = litmus_open_lock (different cpu)' in rtspin.c. The critical section's migration is working if I use DPCP, but it doesn't work when I using DFLP.
> > Could anyone can tell me, how to test the migration using DFLP_SEM
> > In my opinion, the -p option just allocate one cpu for the task(partition) , it doesn't matter to the migration of critical section. The migratiom of critical section can be set when the lock is opened.
>
> Mh, it’s difficult to say much based on your description. Can you please provide more details? Can you post your source code?

I cannot reproduce your problem. First, the script that you sent does not work with the version of rtspin.c that you sent (your custom options -N and -D are not supported).

Second, after editing your launch script to work with the provided rtspin.c (edited script attached), I could not see any problems. I’m attaching two traces, one recorded with the DFLP and one recorded with the DPCP. Both show the expected migrations.

So, looks like the kernel works as expected.

- Björn