[LITMUS^RT] litmus-dev Digest, Vol 56, Issue 9

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Thu Oct 27 20:09:27 CEST 2016

> On 27 Oct 2016, at 19:51, NICHOLAS ALLAN KLEPP <nickbk at uga.edu> wrote:
>
> Thank you for your fast response, everybody!
>
> Interestingly, I am still getting the same error even after changing the local_cpu_state() definition from &__get_cpu_var(demo_cpu_state) to this_cpu_ptr(&demo_cpu_state). The implicitly declared function warning for __get_cpu_var() is gone, but the implicitly declared function warning for is_running() is still there, which I find odd.
>
> Can anybody say where is_running() is defined? I'm pretty sure I have the correct headers included, but I may be wrong.
>
> Is there anything else anyone can think of that may be causing this problem?

is_running() doesn’t exist anymore in the current version. The reason is that the underlying Linux API cannot be used (any longer) as it was used in prior LITMUS^RT versions.

The replacement is is_current_running(). (There’s also a thread about this in the archives somewhere.)

I’m sorry that you keep running into issues because of the outdated tutorial, but unfortunately LITMUS^RT is completely volunteer-driven and I personally no longer have as much coding-and-documenting time as I used to. Again, any volunteers to step up would be very welcome…

- Björn